Tuesday 8 July 2014

Niel Asher Technique

After listening the the talk and chatting to folk on the Niel Asher stand at the COPA Show the other week, I decided to go ahead and do the access course for this technique. For those who don't know, it's a massage based routine to relieve frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis).

I'n not about to describe the process, but in it's simplest form it's about trigger points and following a set routine that apparently works. I haven't put it to the test yet, although I am treating a tennis player who has problems with his dominant arm and lack full ROM in that shoulder (as I understand it, frozen shoulder typically occurs in the non-dominant shoulder). However, I thought applying NAT might help and so we are experimenting with a series of treatments. Practice for me and hopefully improved ROM for him!


No comments:

Post a Comment