Wednesday 31 January 2018

Smaller Charities at the London Marathon

Last year I posted a short piece about the germ of an idea to provide post-event massage to smaller charities or more precisely, charities with a small number of runners. Having only a handful of runners makes having a therapist on hand unviable. But what if these groups worked together?

I put together an idea of how we might be able to provide a service to more of those dedicated fund raisers who pound the streets for 4 or 5 hours. I tried airing this idea with a few folk but go zero response. It didn't even get shared on a therapist's social media page. Obviously no one thought it was a good plan.

But I still think it's a good idea in principle. So I'm interested to know if anyone also thinks it's a good idea. So here's a link to a pdf of the proposal I put together. maybe one day someone will pick up this thread and all of a sudden we'll have a team. Who knows!

Proposal for Smaller Charities Massage Service at the LVM

Good news. Since posting this I've managed to get some responses and everyone seems to agree that it's a good idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment