Saturday 22 April 2017

A germ of an idea

Okay, so as you know I'm off to the London Marathon tomorrow (Sunday 23rd April). It's my second year working with Against Breast Cancer, and as I said in the previous post, it's quite a small group of runners. And that got me thinking.

How many smaller charities have runners, maybe only one or two, raising money for them at this year's event? I don't know the answer to that question, I'm guessing someone, somewhere does, but it's not me. I'm pretty sure that although there might be a welcoming committee to cheer these runners home, I'm not sure how many will get the good bags and an offer of a post-event massage at the end of their 26 mile run.

So what if we got together and provided that service for a group of charities? Under some sort of collective banner a small team of 6 or 8 therapists could probably treat 100+ runners that might otherwise not get the opportunity.

I'm not sure how to organise something like that, but if a group of charities worked together I'm sure we could get a big enough marquee sorted. It's worth some thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment